Monday, September 10, 2012

About would you live in Long Beach or Fresno

Would you live in Long Beach or Fresno?
Hi! I've been living in Long Beach for a year after living Fresno. I liked Fresno and my parents live there, but it was dull. I moved here because I'm 25 yo, gay, and a surfer. I gave up a really good job that I had for years to move. LA has been fun, and I enjoy it, but it's a daily struggle with traffic, cost of living, and I'm sensitive to the sun. My living situation has been very good, but I have been having trouble to find a fitting job. As fun as it is in my free time, living here has worn me down. My old job in Fresno (I was a travel agent) contacted me last week wanting me back with higher pay (than even here) and my seniority. It sounds tempting, but would I want to go back? It was boring, but at least I'd have family, unlike here. And a job I love. But I would miss the fun here and the "scene" I'm only a few hours away, but I can't drive every weekend here. If I stay I feel like I'd keep struggling. If I go, I'd be bored. Would you you do? Thanks so much
Other - United States - 1 Answers
People's Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
Answer 1 :
Wow... I live by Fresno, and many days I think it's just the armpit of CA, but other days it's fine. I can get to what I need, etc. And I own my home that was really cheap 10 years ago! Long Beach sounds like a great place to be, with the beach, good weather, etc., but if you hate the traffic and don't feel secure about the cost of living, ouch. One thing about living up here is the security. Housing costs are reasonable. It can be nice living around family. Maybe? Think about your future plans, career goals, etc. and weigh out each city.

Read more other entries :